Thursday, December 2, 2010

PLAYSTATION PLUS!!!!!!! +tax


Hey guys, whats happening in your worlds today? I hope all is well and I hope that you are not pulling your hair out about the upcoming Yogi Bear movie. (Movie of the Decade) Here on my end things are going swimmingly, I am deciding whether or not to switch my major, studying for tests, and some unkempt girl yelled at me to give her my number this morning.

But you didnt click on this blog post to hear about my personal life, no you clicked because of the awe inspiring title. Yes my friends, I have voluntarily dished out 50 bucks (53 after tax!!) to become a member of the elite Playstation Plus community. Yay? Some of you may be asking "Hey Normalguy417 what is Playstation Plus?" And at the risk of sounding like a commercial Ill just say that it is a program where you pay 50 bucks for a year, and you get free content including, games , avatars, exclusive junk. So here is my grand experiment, to see if I can not only break even, but possibly profit off of this system. So here is the round-up for my first week as normalguy417+. (Yes I am aware that this isnt an original concept and has been done before, but this is more or less for my own enjoyment so deal with it. :) )


Shatter (7.99, Playstation Plus price FREE!)

Sadly I already bought Shatter when it came out, so theres no deduction here. However if I hadn't already downloaded it, it would've been an amazing time. Shatter is essentially a spin on the block breaking games of old, however this game not only utilizes a push and pull feature which allows you to change the balls direction mid bounce, but it also is one of the best looking and best sounding games on the psn. (No really, the soundtrack is awesome) My only gripe with the game is its length, as you could probably beat the main game in one sit down. However other than that Shatter is ball busting perfection. So even though I already have the game, I really can't argue with the price.

Ign's Shatter Review

DYNOGEMS (1.49 Playstation Plus price Free!!!!)


Dynogems is ok. There is nothing really exceptional about it. Its a puzzle game, where you play as a little dinosaur who picks up and spits back gems. Get four or more gems in a row and they explode. Let the ever descending wall of gems reach the bottom, and you lose. Pretty basic stuff. But to Dynogems' credit, I wasn't expecting much and it actually was fun. I may have been upset if I paid 1.49 for it, especially since I got Angry Birds for .99 the other day. However Dynogems is alright in my book, and is worth a look just for the gumby like announcer.


VECTOR TD (3.99 Playstation Plus price FREE!!!!)

Vector TD is a game, that is for sure. However it may trick you because it doesnt really have an opening menu. Instead it merely thrust me into the map select screen. WHAT AM I SELECTING?!?!?! So i picked the first map, and quickly realized that this was a tower defense game. Yup... its a tower defense game. You pick little shape units and put them on the little grid boxes, then miscellaneous shapes shoot out and hopefully your shapes can kill the other shapes. This is the game. Its not terrible, but I really just had no desire to continue playing after five minutes. My shape army crushed the terrible...other shape army. VICTORY!!!!!! Now I dont think its fair to blame the game for this, but my ps3 froze up when I was trying to quit out of the game. Meh for 3.99 I would've been PISSED! There are other tower defense games out there that are cheaper and better.

Oddworld: Abes Exoddus (9.99 Playstation Plus Price FREE!)

Now I can't really say whether this game is good or bad yet, as I haven't had a chance to play it. In fact as I am typing this it just finished downloading. However I am excited. This game was originally released on the ps1 as a sequel to Oddworld: Abes Odyssey. I never got to play the Oddworld games when they were originally released because... well... I was a kid and really did not know too much about games outside of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. (What an idiot) But I have heard great things about these games, including the fact that they are super weird. Yes you heard me right, we are talking full blown Tim Burton weird. I usually don't play games out of order, but hey this one is free and with the wondera of wikipedia and youtube I will catch up on whatever story I missed.



The rest of what I downloaded cant really be reviewed. I downloaded an episode of Qore (2.99) and a Playstation Theme (2.99). I haven't tried either out, but Qore is Qore, and a theme is a theme. Its worth the zero dollars i paid.

So that comes to a grand total of 21.50 rounded. Not bad for the first day as a Plus member. Now all I need is 31.50 to break even. PIECE O' CAKE! Well thats it for now. I'll keep you updated as Playstation Plus keeps me updated. Stay safe everyone!

1 comment:

  1. free psn code Your Thread provided us with valuable information to work with. every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep threatening,

    ReplyDelete