Monday, December 20, 2010

Woman Up!!!!!

Here at aovw we don't cure life threatening diseases and fight crime like your everyday real life heroes. We do however provide you with top quality entertainment. Do we deserve an award for this service? YES, we do! But you know what, we don't do it for ourselves, for the accolades and prestige. No, we do it for the guy who instead of being at a party picking up hot chicks, is home sitting in front of his computer typing in random words into the Google search bar and pushing the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. We do it for the girl who is sick and tired of watching Law & Order re-runs on TNT and is just searching for something new, something life changing. We do it for YOU!!! And we thank you, all of you for your continued support. We truly appreciate it. Keep it coming. Now that I have your attention, I wanna talk about a topic that we can all appreciate.

"I am a man, and i am loathed to ask women out on dates. I hate the way women put their hand in your face and say "NO" when you are just trying to be nice. It lowers my confidence, and i don't see why i should be made to feel bad and as though i have done something wrong by asking her out. I think women are very cowardly when it comes to asking men out, and they know how difficult it can be which is why they place this task and all its pressure on the men. I just think men are mentally stronger than women and deserve much more respect than most women show them. When you are working up the courage to ask someone out, sex is the last thing on your mind, but women tend to use this as the only reason the man is interested in her.

If women are equal to men, then let them prove it. " - Mr. Man

By now you know exactly what I'm talking about. Why don't woman ask men out?
The reason I'm talking about this is because of something I overheard. Three girls were talking about how seemingly pitiful there lives were because "no guy wants me" and because they "never get asked out". They began to rip us guys, calling us insensitive jerks. As the Lawmaker, I couldn't just sit back and watch this injustice happening right before my eyes, so I asked them this question:



"Have you ever tried asking a guy out?". Their response was not surprising, " NO..that's the man's job". Why???? We live in a time where woman want more power. They want to own businesses and hold political offices. Now while I'm all for Woman's rights and this feeling of self entitlement, all I'm saying is you cant have your cake and eat it too. Times have changed. The dynamic has changed. As much as I am a traditionalist, the notion that the man has to make the first move and ask the woman out is just not the case anymore. If only Women could understand this. If only women could understand how we feel when we are trying to muster up the courage to ask you out.

So here's what I say. Woman Up!!! Stop complaining. Stop with your whining and crying and take action. The next time you see a guy that you find attractive, try approaching him and asking him for his number. Get a taste of the nervousity we experience everyday. Then you'll realize that maybe, just maybe your life is not as pitiful as you thought and that all men aren't jerks. You'll realize that perhaps the reason that no one asked you out last Friday night is not because no one likes you. Maybe it's because by the the time a guy mustered every ounce of courage in his bones to approach you, you left the party. Learn from Mr. Man who was quoted above. Woman up!!!


Lawmaker out....

4 comments:

  1. I'm starting to look forward to your guys' next post. This one is too true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and leaving positive feedback. I'm glad you liked the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with what you say.. It's funny because I always argue this same exact point. Great post.

    -K-Tel

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are Laying Down The Law. I really enjoyed this post. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete