Friday, December 10, 2010

Just 'Cuz.

      Wazzzuuppp ladies and geeks? Yes, it's me again *applause* oh stop you're too kind. I feel as though it's been a while since I've connected to you, The Reader one on one. Remember those good old times? When we almost got jumped? When we were nervous? How about when our friend Lorenzo got the clap? Remember when you used TO LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN WE MADE LOVE? Okay that last one never happened....but anyways I decided I'd sit down and have a good talk with you Reader. I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore.

      As you can see, we at aovw have been some very, very busy bees. Everything on the site looks shiny and I for one am quite impressed. It's incredible what fruits the labor of insomnia can bear. Another thing I was actually quite excited to see was that if you now Google search the phrase "aovw" this site will pop up! On the second page! Underneath some nonsense about viruses! But we're there! And I think it'd be awesome if with the help of our kick-ass Readers we could move to the numba one spot on Google. That'd be kind of cool I'm not even going to lie. We've got Readers in France and Croatia and Pakistan even. Believe me, The Lawmaker, normalguy417 and I will continue to make quality posts as long as you continue to read. And if you really like what we've got to say, comment! Re-post on your blog, facebook, twitter, myspace, whatever! The Reader who manages to bring us the most internet buzz through posting links, e-mailing and texting their friends, updating statuses and reposting gets the greatest prize of all. Carpal tunnel. And our respect.


   Which brings me to my next subject. Kanye West is one helluva music producer. (Nobody said I was good at segues, get off my case.) His new album "My Beautiful Dark and Twisted Fantasy" dropped the other day and I had half a mind to make the mad dash to the nearest F.Y.E and procure it. Then the other half of my mind reminded me that I was broke so I got through...other means. Still, from what I've heard I am definitely taken aback. Hip-hop has come a looooooong way from the whole tall tee and baggy jeans era. And I'd rather hear an old man pass a kidney stone the size of a minivan than sit down and listen to another Lil' Jon and The East Side Boyz track.

I have yet to find a picture of him with his mouth completely closed.
 
Kanye West definitely gets brownie points for several things he did right on this album. One, he wasn't afraid of using new sounds. Initiative will get you everywhere and he was testing all of the waters with some of the stuff he put out. Two,  he sampled songs perfectly. If you are serious about listening to music, a couple of these songs will sound vaguely familiar because of his sampling. And thirdly, Mr. West made incredible collabs in this album. It's not all about the names on the track, but he made sure the right people were heard over certain tracks. I'm not saying the guy is the best (or really the smartest) guy in the world, but give credit where it is due.

 Welp, I'm gonna go ahead and hop off my soapbox for now. I'll be sure to come back and post again in a day or two. And I managed to communicate to my associate The Lawmaker through the use of smoke signals and carrier pigeons. He took a winter hiatus in Florida but he is coming back in full attack very soon, so look out for that. My pants are wet with excitement. Hahaha make sure you comment and continue to show support for #AOVW.







No comments:

Post a Comment