Thursday, October 28, 2010

The World Is Coming To An End...

Hello world, this is the Lawmaker back at you again. Yes, I'm now certain that I'm the Lawmaker *roaring round of applause*. But do you know what else I'm certain of? The world as we know it, is coming to an end. Oh, don't be scared. Don't be shocked or surprised. We saw this coming but we did nothing to stop it. Let me tell you what happened last night. As I was sitting down, creating the cure for cancer, my little sister approached me. She handed me a paper and asked "can you help me with my homework Lawmaker?". As I began reading the instructions for the assignment, my jaw dropped. Why you ask? Calm down and I'll tell you why. The instructions said "write a detailed summary on....". I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm not sure if you got the memo because I sure didn't. Since when did Summaries become Detailed???? I mean doesn't that defeat the purpose??? Normally something like this would never catch my attention, if it weren't for what I'd thought was a harmless conversation I'd overheard earlier that day. As I was rolling down the baby aisle at shop rite, this young lady said something quite startling. She had just ran into an old friend of hers. After they embraced the friend asked her, "girl what you doing in the baby isle?". I suggest you have a seat right now if your not sitting because her answer is gonna knock your socks off. This is what she said "Well girl I'm just a little pregnant..." WHAT?????? No that's not a mistake, that's exactly what she said. Last time I checked either your pregnant, or your not pregnant. There is no "a little pregnant" or half pregnant, it's all or nothing. You see people, we have lost the essence behind words. We flagrantly say things, but we don't realize with every ridiculous statement we make, we're driving ourselves closer and closer to the edge. Words are the foundation for every civilization. Please let's go back to the way it used to be. Let's put an end to the foolishness. Lets stop drinking "Iced Coffee's" and eating "cold hot dogs", let's stop making "educated guesses" or "curved lines". Lets stop wearing "dress pants" chose one, the dress or the pants. Please, lets stop this world from coming to an end......



All my kicks fly, like Lu-Kang...I'm gone

4 comments:

  1. lmaoooo so funny so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. you come off so hypocritical rather than the usual funny, nitpicky here... why make a post about words, when youre clearly not using language as effectively as possible either. My point is, i know what you mean to say when you said "Why you ask?" when what you should have said is '"Why?", you ask?' and i also know exactly what someone means when he or she tells me to draw a curved line even though they could have just said a curve. i mean, you see where i'm coming from? what's the point of one without the other, are you really communicating that much better? it's all about saving time, right?that being said i like your other blogs. and i'm going to soon eat a cold hot dog because not all hot dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your constructive response. You have great points. In fact, this was my first meaningful blogpost and the points you brought up were brought to my attention. I appreciate the fact that you took time to read this post as well as my others. Please continue to leave responses so that I can become better.

    ReplyDelete