Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Failing.

What I hate most about failing an exam is not the actual conformation of your failure, but the entire process of failing itself. There are three different stages of failing an exam. Denial, Ignorance and Acceptance. The night before the exam, one might find themselves thinking "there is no possible way im failing this exam I just failed my last one" or "I am so going to pass this test. Failing fails to exist. Ive never even heard of the word failing. Its like a foreign language." A couple of seconds later, when you finally open the book for the first time in two weeks, you realize things are not going to be as easy as you once thought. Thoughts like "holy shit I hope she decides not to give that test tomorrow..." or "wtf?? He never taught this in class!" or even "Maybe halfway through my exam the world will end, so I don't even have to study this." This, my friends, is ignorance. Thoughts like this will haunt you the whole entire night, causing you to skip over things. When you finally get the actual test, thats when you realize the whole "testing" and "college" thing really isnt for you. You start tracing patterns out on the scantron sheet. You look at it and think "whoaaaa...thats too many C's in one row...better throw some D's on that bitch". Somewhere between question 1 and 100, you realize you didn't know what you think you did. And the world isn't going to end. So you suck it up, hand in the test and walk out of the room with your head held up high. And if someone asks, you proudly say "the test? Oh, I bombed it" with a big smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hilariousss...shook my head the whole time in agreement and loled...sad that this happens to me more often than not and apparently it does with other people too haha...wonder why things don't change? Oh well guess it doesn't really matter so much lol love youu <3

    xoxo mafiaprincess

    ReplyDelete