Sunday, March 13, 2011

Self Actualization I Choose YOU!

Hi folks, sorry it's been so long, but I bet you are tired of hearing that and have just come to accept this as "the way things are". Well, that won't stop me from once again apologizing, because in all honesty, I love writing for you guys, and I feel guilty when I get derailed.

So what's new? Well I never thought there would be another day when the biggest and most exciting video game in my life was once again...POKEMON. WHAT? I'm sure your interest has been piqued. So before I go any further, I am going to leave you with a cute picture of pikachu, and hope for the best. CLICK FOR MORE DAMN YOU, IT'S NOT ALL POKEMON RELATED.





So before I get started on my Pokemon rant, I want to just take this time to talk about Japan. Listen guys, this is bad. I think it may be the first disaster where I am not only of age, but of an age that should be held responsible for helping. (The flaw here is that most college students are broke.) Yet despite all that I think it is really important for us to donate for the relief effort. Whatever small donations can really make a difference. There are a lot of places to donate, but seeing as I am mostly unaware, I am going to put a link to the only one that I know is legitimate for sure. Here is the Red Cross donation link.


So please give anything you can, it will not only help, but you will feel better... Plus it's Japan. Everyone loves Japan! Which oddly enough is a great segway into my next topic.

POKEMON BITCHES!



Yes, don't check your calender, it is indeed 2011, and yes I am indeed talking about Pokemon. "Why?" you may be asking yourselves. "Isn't that for kids?" Well it all started right about here....


You see it's been a really long time since I've played a pokemon game, let alone cared about the franchise. Yet, when I saw this trailer, it sparked up childhood memories of catching them all and battling, and I gave into the fever. I bought Pokemon White (not being racist guys, it comes with the black legendary...sheesh) and I have been hooked all week.

Now I have always been of the mindset that if you want to do something, you should probably do it regardless of what others think. (Unless you are hurting someone, in which case I tsk you.) But I can't address Pokemon without realizing that a large majority of my generation shuns the games because they are either "for kids", or they make some argument about the first generation being the best.  YOU GUYS ARE FOOLS.  I equate it to young children shunning their childhood shows like Sesame Street, or Barney just to be "more grown up". Ok, maybe that analogy has a lot of holes in it's logic, but the fact remains that people are dismissing Pokemon because they think by distancing themselves they are "more mature"



While I see the argument there, the newest editions to the series stand their ground as games for all ages.



You see a lot has changed in the Pokesphere since we were kids. Where we had Team Rocket (evil do-ers bent on stealing everyones Pokemon for their own), this new generation has Team Plasma. Team Plasma stands in direct opposition of the views of Team Rocket, and instead are looking to free all pokemon. If you need a real world equivalent, look no further than our good friends at PETA.


Keep up the good work guys.... (Implying that this was anything but a waste of time.)

But what makes Team Plasma different from the other various "Teams" of past generations, is the fact that they bring real indecision, and critical thought to the series. While playing the game I've often wondered whether or not I was on the wrong side of things. Clearly stealing from people is wrong, but isn't it wrong to keep magical beasts locked up in tiny balls all day? It really helped bring to light what the world of Pokemon actually consists of, that being a glorified Dog Fighting Ring!

For anyone who wasn't already against the idea of playing a new Pokemon game, the game itself is still just as deep as it was before. It walks the line between depth and approachability so well. Anyone can play Pokemon, but not everyone can play competitively. I know... I actually kind of suck :C.



Overall, Black and White feel like a reboot of the series. In fact you don't see any old Pokemon until you beat the game, which I personally think is a nice touch. But for those Gen 1 fanatics, you see a lot of Pokemon who mirror your old favorites, and you'll feel right at home. It's an amazing ride combined with some of the newer online features which only make trading and battling ten times as easy. NO MORE DUMB LINK CABLES. (I realize that's old news for Diamond and Pearl, but I didn't play those so its new to me)

Oh yeah in this one, there is a Pokemon made out of Garbage. Awesome.





Other than that I have been watching a lot of the Cosbys recently. I love that show. I would really hope that I could attain that family dynamic at some point. Gawrsh. 




Plus it's better than any of the sitcoms on today. I mean honestly people, put down your How I Met Your Mother, and watch a real show. It's still just as good now as it was then.


Well that's all for now. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to jump off this computer and play Pokemon. They aren't going to catch themselves. So everyone stay safe, and have a wonderful day! Also everyone should take a moment to just relax today, people seem really stressed recently. I think we all need to take a community sized breather at this point.

Treat each other well.

4 comments:

  1. Didn't really read this at all, but got a huge lady-boner from the Cosby picture. Once again, Good work guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we aim to give the ladies boners. thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to here from The Charmeleon's post and I ended up reading this all the way through before I could even go back to his. Awesome. Keep up the good work! (I'm a fan of H.I.M.Y.M myself it's a good show!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thank you so much. I love and appreciate all the feedback. Seriously, it means a lot to us here. Maybe I should contradict my previous statement and give H.I.M.Y.M a chance. I honestly haven't seen enough to judge, and people love it so there has to be something to it. I think I'll check it out now. Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete